Here in Sheridan Wyoming, we certainly know how to come together and have a good time as a community.
One need only look at a recent community events calendar to see that. From historical seminars to musical theater, there truly is something for everyone to enjoy here in Wyoming.
Today, I’m going to tell you about some upcoming events in Sheridan events that you and your family would probably enjoy checking out. If you do end up attending one of these events, please let me know how it goes. We would love to hear about it!
Upcoming Community Events in Sheridan Wyoming for January 2015
Casual Conversation in History: Come hear about the history of Fort MacKenzie during this seminar led by the Sheridan County Historical Society and Helen Lauman. This even is free and open to the public.
- When: 10 to 11 a.m. on Jan. 14
- Where: Sheridan Senior Center, 211 Smith St. in Sheridan.
- Admission: FREE
- More Information: Call John Woodward at 307-675-1150
13th Musical Theater: This encore performance will be one night only. 13 is a musical about Junior High School life in a small town in Iowa. And the performance is certainly riveting! It should be a fun time for the whole family!
- When: 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Jan. 17
- Where: WYO Theater, 42 N. Main St. in Sheridan.
- Admission: $10
- More Information: Call Emma Hall at (307) 763-2739 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Jeannie Hall at (307) 752-3482 or email@example.com
Wellness Festival: Come hear from an array of vendors about living a healthy lifestyle during this wellness festival at Sheridan Junior High School. The guest speaker will be Tony Horton, a celebrity trainer and creator of the P90XZ fitness program.
- When: 6:30 to 8 p.m. on Jan. 23
- Where: Sheridan Junior High School at the corner of Lewis and Clarendon in Sheridan.
- Admission: $20 per person in advance and $24 at the door
- More Information: Call Paul Graslie at (406) 579-0171.
Classic Western Film Series: The WYO Theater will present this classic Western film series on the big screen every Sunday in January. The series will end with January 25th presentation of “The Wild Bunch.” Attendees can enjoy free popcorn and can also enter into prize drawings.
- When: 2 to 4:30 p.m. on Jan. 25
- Where: WYO Theater, 42 North Main Street in Sheridan
- Admission: Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for seniors. Students get in for $6.
- More Information: Call the WYO Theater, (307) 672-9084.
Student Art Exhibit: Head over to the closing day of Holy Name Catholic School’s student art exhibit, which features artwork from students from pre-k to 8th grade. This exhibit, which has been on display since Dec. 3, also includes a special display on the style of artist Henri Matisse. It’s quite interesting!
- When: 9 to 5 p.m. on Jan. 30
- Where: Sheridan County Fulmer Public Library, 335 W. Alger in Sheridan
- Admission: FREE
- More Information: Call the library at (307) 674-8585 Ext 29.
Ready to Relocate to Sheridan, Wyoming?
As you can see, Sheridan really is a happening place to be – what with entertaining and family-friendly community events held all year long.
If this sounds like the kind of place that would complement your family’s lifestyle well and you’re interested in relocating here, then I encourage you to contact me, Bruce Garber, and my team of Sheridan real estate agents at BHJ Realty.
We would love to help you by answering any questions you might have as well as telling you about available listings in our community.
Until next time,